Pages

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Today is the first day back at school for Term 3. We are more than half way in the year and i have now started a new topic, which is 'Significant places'

However, i still need to blog about my presentation on the Human rights assessment, so here it is.

Last term. Term 2, we had to choose a country and research about their human rights and how they have violated this, my team chose Syria as our country to research. We found out some shocking facts like...

1. The reason they are at war is because they dislike the president (Bashar al-assad) and want the resignation from him as they complained high unemployment, widespread corruption, lack of political freedom, and state repression.
2. 80% of the Syrian population is homeless.


We had to make a presentation about this topic and present it
here are just some of my slides about this topic



Reflection on this topic.
Parents point of view - (This is a point of view from a woman, who fled her country (Syria) on the 2nd war anniversary , with her husband and three kids, two of them are disabled) she says quote "Honestly, we couldn't continue living there (Syria) " Even though, she does admit, Syria was better than in Jordan, which is where she is located at the moment, she says that when in Syria, both her and her husband both had jobs, a car and a house, they fled with nothing. She also quotes that "Because I have two kids that are disabled I need to go to the hospital to check them, however the drive is long, you wont know what will happen on the way" I believe that she of course was living in fear for her children and for her husband as well as herself, even though she had everything in Syria, she couldn't risk it
My thoughts on this - I'm very saddened by this topic, to think that thousands of people are suffering from poverty & war makes me feel bad for all the times I was being ungrateful for the minor things.
In my opinion, I think the public should stop bombing overall because of the children and all the innocent people. We can also help with this problem, it may not stop it entirely but it will have an effect on the problem, we could also join organisations that are helping with this problem and donate clothes and bare necessities needed



No comments:

Post a Comment